Part of the municipality of San Benedetto Val di Sambro
Since ancient times, the nucleus of Pian del Voglio and its surrounding territories, constituted one of the areas of main communication between Tuscany and Emilia. In 187 BC, in fact, the ViaFlaminia Militareche was built, which connected Florence to Bologna via the Apennines, passing the Futa Pass, Mount Lunario, Monte Bastione, Monte Venere, Monte Adone, entering the Savena Valley and reaching San Raffilo. Bologna.
The parish church, located upstream of the square, lit up, throws its light all around, extending its protective hand to the entire old urban agglomeration, of medieval origin, collected in the small space of a few hundred meters.
In 1871 the fraction of San Benedetto Val di Sambro, following an agitation, succeeded in transferring the municipal offices with it, until, in 1924, it obtained to radically change the name of the "Municipality of Pian del Voglio" in that of "Municipality of San Benedetto Val di Sambro".
Adapted from http://www.piandelvoglio.it